The only organization representing private lakefront owners dedicated to protecting their right to the exclusive enjoyment of their property and to preserving the beauty and quality of Lake Tahoe.
Tahoe Lakefront Owners' Association was founded in 1974 in response to the State of California's attempt to claim ownership to the high water mark without offering compensation. Since that time, TLOA has been a stalwart supporter of lakefront property rights.
The association monitors local, state and federal regulatory agencies and issues as they affect shoreline owners. Our dedication to property rights advocacy while seeking environmental balance is the basis of our association.
TLOA represents the interests of approximately 1,700 privately owned lakefront parcels around Lake Tahoe. Those owners include individuals, multiple families, corporations, partnerships, condominium and homeowner associations, marinas, restaurants, tourist accommodations, and real estate interests.
TLOA believes in:
- The right to wharf out - as protected by our constitution
- Safe Harbor - Safe Boating
- Incentive-based planning - to encourage shared facilities
- Increased public access on existing public beaches, and protection of private beaches against trespass and environmental degradation caused by unsupervised public access
- Lake Tahoe's top 6' is a reservoir, the conditions between high and low elevation cannot be considered "natural" and since the TRPA is precluded from management of the elevation, the impacts and mitigations should take this into account
- Fairness and equity in any program. Discriminating against private properties in favor of public is unacceptable. Certainly, this was never envisioned when the TRPA Compact was signed in 1969, and does not have a place in this process
- Balanced and reasonable mitigation programs and fees based on sound science and accurately identified impacts
- Regulatory agencies that do not exceed their authority
- Cooperation between stakeholders to work toward fair and feasible solutions
- Encouraging buy-in at all levels and in all sectors of the private and public sectors to develop and implement sustainable environmental improvement
- Consensus building where possible among agencies and property owners
- Recognition for private property rights and responsibilities
- Streamlined permitting
We believe that our strength lies in our membership, it's diversity and willingness to unite on important issues that include participation and stewardship in improving the Lake Tahoe environment.
Membership in the Tahoe Lakefront Owners' Association is voluntary. We are entirely membership funded and accept no advertising or special interest funding. Our member information is private and confidential. It is important to remember that our efforts benefit every owner, and it is our goal to include every owner as a member. Please visit our Membership Page to learn about exclusive membership benefits.
Our Board of Directors is committed to the goals of the association in behalf of lakefront property owners. Just like the diversity of our members, the Board is comprised of owners from around the Lake.
|President:||Todd A. Lowe - Incline Village|
|Secretary-Treasurer:||Gordon Hooper - Tahoe City|
Greer Arthur - Tahoe City
|Executive Director:||Jan Brisco|